I saw this technique online and had to try it right away with some wonderful butterflies! The demonstrator who posted the sample didn’t have a name for the technique, so I named it Crumb Cake Watercoloring. Here is how you do it:
- Emboss an outlined image in white embossing powder on Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Use an Aqua Painter and White Craft (about 50/50 mix) to whitewash the inside of the image.
- Dry the whitewashed ink with a heat tool.
- When dry, watercolor over this layer either using Stampin’ Write markers & Blender Pen or Classic Ink & Blender Pen.
- There will be some ink residue left on the embossed image. Wipe away with a tissue.
- Cardstock and Ink: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Regal Rose Coredinations, Midnight Muse
- Stamp Sets: Papillon Potpourri, Sassy Salutations
- Accessories: Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Extra-Large Oval, Corner Rounder, Elegant Butterfly, and Bitty Butterfly punches, Stitched Satin ribbon, Designer Builder Brads
(click to download)Watercoloring on Crumb Cake.pdf