I’ve been feeling STUCK this week! Can anyone else relate to this? You know, when there isn’t anything majorly wrong in your life, but you feel stuck in non-productive thoughts and activities….thinking….pondering….and feeling down.
I am guessing that for me, the stuckedness (/stuk-id-nus/) has been a product of this equation: gloomy weather this week paired with my eldest getting ready to travel abroad for 3 months, added to my husband being away on a business trip, times too many things on the to-do list equals overwhelming anxiety! And when I am overwhelmed I get STUCK! Please tell me this happens to you too!
I decided to analyze how stuck I am and work to get unstuck! My first task was to locate our adhesives around the house and rank them according to their sticktacity (/stik-tas-u-tee/) and see where I fell along the range. I arranged them from least to most sticky like this:
- Elmer’s Glue Stick (only slightly tacky enough to hold tissue paper well)
- Elmer’s Washable School Glue (I don’t know why we even have this anymore except it makes me happy to have a bottle…poor stickiness and must dry for literally hours)
- Scotch Tape (everyday magically sticky but not strong enough for wall decorations or streamers)
- Masking Tape (not pictured, obviously very valuable in my house as it is holed away in someone’s drawer…it can pretty much fix anything!)
- Packing Tape (very sticky, but you can rip it off easily!)
- Wood Glue (very sticky indeed!)
- Duck Tape (the perfect tape to stick things just about permanently)
- Krazy Glue (the strongest and most dangerous of stuck)
I am stuck like Duck Tape! I am also relieved to know that I’m not stuck like Krazy Glue although I am appreciating the hilarity of the name of the glue! I have been stuck like Krazy Glue a few times and it is not good. (please seek medical attention immediately!)
I am resolved to destickify (dee-stik-u-figh) myself with the following therapy: some adhesive remover and some stamping! Here’s my Friday to-do list!
Contact me anytime for stamping therapy…getting creative always lifts us up and gets us moving!