Double-sided patterned paper is an amazing thing to add to projects because the designs/patterns add a layer of color, texture, and coordination that can tie all the elements of your project together. I have stacks and stacks of Stampin’ Up!’s double-sided patterned paper (Designer Series Paper) in my craft room and I love them all equally, just as I do my children. However, when it comes time to add a piece to my cards I always feel a bit bad for the side of the paper that doesn’t get used. So when I find a card template or fold that utilizes BOTH sides of the paper, it makes me happy!
The Trifold Window Card template showcases the Designer Series Paper beautifully AND lets BOTH sides be in the spotlight! What I also like about this template is that with 1 full sheet of 12 x 12 patterned paper you can make 2 Trifold Window cards and 2 bonus cards. Here is how you do it! You can download the pdf of this template to keep in your stash of designs and watch the video tutorial from my Facebook Live Crafting Playdate.
- 5.25” x 12” Double-sided patterned paper (DSP)
- 5.5” x 4.25” Coordinating cardstock
- 3.75” x 5” Basic White cardstock
- Pair of same shaped dies that nest together (two sizes)
- Basic White cardstock to cut out window shape insert
- Coordinating cardstock to create a frame around the window
- Scraps to create decor for the card front
- Cut & Emboss Machine
Now that you know the basic template to make this card think about all the delicious double-sided paper you have in your stash waiting to be used and GET BUSY!!!! I couldn’t stop making them once I started. Check out all the samples!