Today’s project is a fast new favorite! What do I love more that double-sided patterned paper? Mailable mini albums!!! This pattern is a great way to send someone special a card that is interactive and can hold pictures or gift cards or multiple messages. I kept the project simple by using only 1 sheet of 12 x 12 patterned paper and 1 sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11″ Basic White cardstock. Watch the video tutorial for step by step instructions and download the pdf for directions and dimensions.
- Score the 12 x 12 paper at 4” and 8” across one side, and mark the top of the paper with a paper clip or washi tape. Turn paper to the left and score at 3.5” and 8.75”. Turn the paper back to the right so that the 4” and 8” score lines are vertical (Note the picture below and how the sections are numbered 1-9. This will help you reference the directions for each section keeping the paper clip at the top)
- Remove section #1 cutting on the score lines. Save this piece to use on the belly band.
- Cut on the bottom score line of section 3.
- Use the ruler and pencil to draw a diagonal line through the center of section 9 from the outside corner to the center corner as shown. Then cut on this line.
- Cut on the right score line of section 7.
- Trim a tiny bit (small sliver) on either side of the score lines between sections 1 & 4, sections 3 & 6, and sections7 & 8. This will help the flaps on the album to fold cleanly on top of each other.
- Tear (or fold back) about 1” on the outside edge of section 3. Fold section 3 to the left onto section 2 and glue on the outside edges to create a pocket. Insert one of the 3.5” x 2.75” Basic White pieces.
- Fold the two diagonal halves of section 9 onto section 6 and section 8 to create pockets. Glue on the outside edges. Inset one of the 3.25” x 4.5” pieces in the pocket on section 6 and insert one of the 3.5” x 2.75” Basic White pieces in the pocket on section 8.
- Punch the 2 1/4” circle punch on the bottom edge of section 7. Fold section 7 onto section 4 and glue along the edges to create a pocket. Insert one of the 3.25” x 4.5” pieces into the pocket on section 4.
- Attach the 3.5” x 4.75” Basic White piece to section 5 in the center.
- Fold section 4 and 6 to the center, then fold section 8 up and section 2 down to close the album.
- Wrap the 1.5” x 8.5” strip of Basic White around the middle of the closed album and glue where the ends overlap. This will create the belly band needed to keep the album closed.
- Punch a circle out of section 1 that you removed from the album to use as a focal point on the belly band.
- Decorate as desired. Send to a very lucky person!
Here are some more! These 4 Pocket Card Album’s are so easy to make, once you start you won’t be able to stop! Once you add some pictures they become magical! Let your imagination add inspiration to this card album template and see what you can create!
Happy Stamping! Get out your patterned paper and make something beautiful!
Only 9 more days of Sale-A-Bration left. Order $50 or more with me using hostess code 7Q3KYPDM by the end of February and earn a FREE Card Class with 3 projects! Order Now!