Ready to get messy? Or at least a bit inky? The Smooshy Technique creates beautiful backgrounds using ink, water and watercolor paper. It’s so simple!
My Facebook Live Crafting Playdate video shows you how to get smooshy with ink three different ways. You can watch a replay of the live video below AND download the technique tutorial for your reference.
Basic Supplies Needed for the Smooshing Technique
- Ink (ink pads, or ink pad re-inkers, Stampin’ Spots, or markers)
- Watercolor paper
- Stampin’ Spritzer filled with water
- Plastic surface (packaging, zip-loc bag, wax paper, etc)
- Paper Towel
There are so many ways to modify this technique. You can change the type or amount of ink, use more of less water, or change how you apply the ink to the plastic and each variation will change up how the background looks. No two times with this technique will look the same.
- Apply the ink on an acrylic stamping block to achieve the Smooshy Technique in a defined shape.
- Stamp images on to the plastic surface.
- Use a small piece of plastic and do the technique upside down for more control.
Don’t miss out on earning any of the Sale-a-Bration Free products – The sale ends February 28, 2021!
Use Hostess 7Q3KYPDM scode, spend $50 and get a free card class from me! During February 2021, the last month of Sale-a-bration, if you place a qualifying order of $50 or more you will get a free Card Class Kit from me. The kit will include the pieces to put together 3 cards with envelopes, color directions and access to a video class to assemble the cards along with me. AND you will get to choose a FREE item from Stampin’ Up! for Sale-a-bration!!!!