One of my favorite commercials from childhood was the Doublemint Gum commercial that featured sets of identical twins chewing gum (“double your pleasure, double your fun.”) Why? I don’t know. However, I think the brilliance of a Double One Sheet Wonder pattern is even better than those commercials. Right?
My favorite thing about using a pattern like this is that the basic design of the card is already figured out which allows you to just choose your favorite greeting set and some embellishments to finish the cards. It also brings great pleasure (double your pleasure, if you will) to put together the pieces of these cards like a puzzle.
I created this Double One Sheet Wonder pattern to make 5 quick and easy cards in a snap. You can view the replay of the Facebook Live Papercrafting Playdate video were I put together this pattern and download a pdf to save for your own files. Here are the supplies you need to whip up a batch of delightful cards.
- 2 sheet of 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper (all four sides should coordinate)
- 5 card bases in a coordinating cardstock color 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” each
- 5 pieces of Basic White cut at 5 1/4” x 4”
- Ribbon or embellishments of choice
- Optional: Basic White scraps for die cutting shapes for sentiment images
- Optional: A second coordinating cardstock color for layering with sentiments or adding accents.
Tips for Success
- Cut both pieces of DSP at the same time.
- If using DSP that has two “busy” patterns, be sure these sides of the paper are facing each other when cutting
- If one of the DSP sides has a stripe or a directional pattern make sure it is upright and horizontal when cutting.
I’d love to hear if you like this pattern and if you have given it try! Happy stamping always, Robin!