Happy New Year! January 2023 is here and it’s time to jump into the new year with a clean and simple card design that you can use with any package of coordinated Designer Series Papers to put together a bunch of cards! I love how the layers on this card are easy to cut which makes creating multiple cards at one time also easy.
Take a look at my video tutorial to learn about the design elements in this template, and see lots of new Designer Series Papers in action for this first time on MY stamping table! Then download the pdf for your files to have ready when you sit down to make this design.
The most important thing about making this template is choosing the patterns for the three pieces of Designer Series Paper used. By choosing coordinating yet contrasting designs the 3 layers will come together beautifully!
DSP #1: Choose a piece that has multiple colors and the most bold pattern.
DSP #2: Choose a pattern that contrasts with DSP #1. Stripes are fun.
DSP #3: Choose a soft pattern in another contrasting color.
Clean & Simple Template 14 Supplies
- 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” card base
- 4-1/2” x 3” DSP #1
- 1/2” x 4” (cut 2) DSP #2
- 1” x 4” DSP # 2
- 1-3/4” square Basic White
- Ribbon or embellishments
- 4” x 5-1/4 ” cardstock (optional)
- Embossing folder (optional)
- Adhere the two 1/2” x 4” DSP #2 pieces behind the 4-1/2” x 3” piece of DSP #1 along the 4-1/2” side leaving only 1/4” showing. Attach this combined piece in the center of the card front.
- Attach the 1” x 4” DSP #3 piece across the other DSP combo about 1-1/2” from the bottom of the card front.
- Choose a focal point image and/or greeting to feature on a die cut shape or punch.
- Pop up and attach the focal point shape over the DSP #3 piece and offset on the right side.
- Embellish as desired.
- (Optional) – Add another coordinating cardstock background layer measuring 4” x 5-1/4 ”. Use an embossing folder on this piece or on all the DSP layers attached to this piece.
Get out your patterned papers and get started on this Clean & Simple Template! I hope you enjoy it!
4 thoughts on “Clean & Simple Card Template #14”
Dear Robin, I am in awe of your abilities, I adore the cow card, it’s my #1. The rose paper is next, and the masculine card after that, I have 5 male cards in November alone that I make every year. I love this template better than anything else I have ever seen. Thank you so much.
I have a new Gran-Niece and I think your idea about the farm scene learning toll is great. T am certified as a preschool teacher and infant-toddler teacher, I worked a short time in California and so on. Teachers are very good at being creative. I feel like I should tell you, “Thank you for your service”. Teachers are precious. So, Thank you, Robin, for the service you performed as a teacher. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
Hi Gloria! Thank you for your precious words. You have made my day! Thank you for your service as well. Teachers ARE definitely precious to this world and its future!!!!!!!
These cards are just beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing.
Thank you so much, Jenny!