This calendar week of September is the official start of the fall season, and it’s the perfect time to do some fall decorating. I love taking a walk around the neighborhood and seeing how people decorate their front porches for the fall season, and whatever is happening outside in my world usually spills over into my craft room. The fun fold we are making this week is called a Front Step Pop-Up Panel card, and it is the perfect kind of card to be displayed along with seasonal decor.
The Front Step Pop-up Panel card is kinda a mouthful for a fun fold name, but it is aptly named for it’s two prominent features: the front step card base + the pop-up panel that attaches to it. Ready to see how this comes together? Take a look at the video tutorial and then download the step-by-step pdf for your files and ENJOY decorating your Front Step Pop-up Panel cards!
Front Step Card Base Supplies
- 4-1/4” x 11” cardstock base
- 4” x 3-1/4” patterned paper
- 4-1/8” x 3-3/8” coordinating cardstock
- 4” x 1” patterned paper
- 4-1/8” x 1-1/8” coordinating cardstock
- 4” x 1-3/4” patterned paper
- 4-1/8” x 1-7/8” coordinating cardstock
- 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White cardstock for the back
Pop-up Panel Supplies
- 3” x 5-1/4” cardstock
- 3” x 1-1/4” patterned paper (optional)
- 3” x 3-1/2” patterned paper (optional)
- 2-3/4” x 3-1/4” neutral cardstock (optional)
Directions for Step Card Base Assembly
- On the long side (11”) of the card base score at 1”, 2-1/4”, 4-1/4”, & 5-1/2”.
- Fold the cardstock base in half on the 5-1/2” score line and crease well. Crease on each additional score line in the same direction towards the inside of the card.
- Apply strong adhesive to the 1” section and adhere to the opposite side of the card base as shown. This creates the step on the card base.
- Attach the patterned papers to their coordinating cardstock pieces and attach to the card base.
Directions for Pop-up Panel
- On the long side (5-1/4”) of the cardstrock score at 1/2” and 1-3/4” from one edge.
- Crease on both score lines in the same direction. Flip over and add adhesive to the 1/2” section.
- To attach to front step card base: Close the Front Step card base by pushing the front step toward the top of the card. Fold the pop-up panel at the 1-3/4” score line so that the 1/2” section with adhesive is at the back. Line up the score line with the edge of the patterned paper at the top of the card base and press into place. Next, close the front step in the other direction. Unfold the Pop-up Panel, lay flat and adhere using the adhesive on the bottom . The pop-up panel and the front step card base should now move together to open and close.
- Optional: cover the pop-up panel sections with 3” x 1-1/4” & 3” x 3-1/2” patterned papers
As always, once you make this fun fold for the first time you will be able to reproduce it again and again with ease. The best party about this fun fold is that you can showcase lots of Designer Series Papers together at one time. The pop-up panel size is flexible and you can adjust the width and height a bit to fit the size of your focal image. How will you decorate your Front Step Pop-up Panel card?