It’s August and time for another card layout template to add to our stash of ideas for card fronts. This template came straight from another amazing Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, Peggy Noe, of Pretty Paper Cards. I absolutely love the balance achieved by her card layout, and it makes very beautiful yet easy cards. I’m calling this card template Layered Diamonds because of the orientation of the 3 layers of squares that make up the focal point of the card.
I’m going to show you 2 different ways to use this template to make some gorgeous cards. Watch the video tutorial for this card template and download the written tutorial pdf for your personal files.
- 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” cardstock A
- 4” x 5-1/4 ” cardstock B
- 2-1/2” square cardstock B
- 2” square cardstock B
- 2-1/4” square patterned paper C
- 1/4” x 4” patterned paper C
- 2-1/2” x 4” patterned paper D
- Greeting image to fit on 2” square
- Background image that coordinates with the patterned paper
- Classic ink pad in the same color as cardstock B (or Versamark pad)
- Black ink pad
- Coordinating embellishment dots
- Choose 2 patterned paper designs that coordinate with each other in color. One should have a bolder small pattern and one should have a more subtle pattern.
- Stamp the background image on the top half of the 4” x 5-1/4 ” piece of cardstock B. You will stamp in the same ink color as the cardstock color you picked.
- Attach the 2-1/2” x 4” piece of patterned paper D on the bottom half of piece you stamped in step 2.
- Attach the 1/4” x 4” patterned paper C directly next to the patterned paper in step 3.
- Adhere the card front to the card base.
- Stamp the same background image in the same color ink on the 2” square cardstock B. Stamp the greeting image with the square oriented as a diamond.
- Pop up the 2-1/2” square cardstock B with dimensionals and attach to the card front. So that the points of the square make a diamond shape.
- Attach the 2-1/4” square of patterned paper C directly onto the 2-1/2” square opposite to the diamond shape.
- Pop up the stamped 2” square of cardstock B with dimensionals and attach so that the points make a diamond shape and mimic the 2-1/2” square.
- 10. Add some embellishment dots to the 2” square and surrounding card front as desired.
I would love to see what you do with this card template. Please come join me in my Facebook group, Robin’s Really Super Stampers, and share your creations!